Friday, January 10, 2014

Feedback Please

"I like to be able to take notes from webpage a lot more efficiently.", was the first thought in Marcus' mind that morning.

What would it be like if I could just wake up, have a thought in my mind and start taking notes? The conversation in my head is so much more fluent than when I actually try to verbalize my concepts. If only my computer could read my brain....

I don't think it would really have to be that extensive either. Maybe if it could just recognize certain facial expressions, movement, and the tones of sub-verbalizing expressions in your brain.
Alright so if I can find the software that does that it would be awesome!
Let me think, Google Voice is pretty dope. I don't have anything to record my sub-vocalization anyway. Wouldn't I need some kind of device? At least a Bluetooth or something. Let me check it out.
Home button (HB) to a web browser, I think I'll try Google Chrome...

About 3-5 minutes of Google Searching, I don't get far before I came back to this thought. Google is extremely robust! You can do a lot with their services. I need to figure how to tie into their technology a lot more efficiently. I know people are doing it, but how?

I just jumped on the smartphone wagon and I'm convinced it's the wave of the future. It would be interesting to know how adept you are at using your cell phone as an awesome computing tool versus others. Maybe a ranking of your smartphone ninja skills measured in terms of posts to social media, searches, new knowledge obtained, etc. You know, keep score or something.

For social media posts, how many posts did you make and how much exposure did you receive? How many searches did you do? From those searches, how many links did you click? Maybe there could e a hot button or something where you can search for what you're looking for and acknowledge when you have obtained the information you were looking for.

If you get sidetracked, like I do with computer ADHD, you should be able to find whatever you're looking for in fairly minimum strokes. If you jump to a new subject, can those jumps be registered to tally how many subjects you researched, what you were looking for, and organize that information into a easily searchable database easily accessible by a quick search through your device?

Once you have all that information, you can have weighted score that would create a compilation score and save all of the new knowledge you obtained. Then post those results versus your friends. You can see how much productivity you're getting out of that $500 plus device you have in our pocket and find out how to communicate with the world more efficiently. See what search intersects you guys all had to discover common interests and organically start conversation with friends.

Oh yeah, you can really start convos with friends in Facebook or Twitter, but how do you know that you're being heard? Make one on one posts showing your latest thought or input on that subject. See what the most popular users of your social circle are talking about an become part of the "in" crowd. Because everyone wants to be heard! Everyone has something to share, but right now you have to find a way to publish your thoughts in a way that is receptive to your thought process.

If you're not a blogger, why have to focus on blogging your idea and trying to drive traffic to your blog. Just post your comment and record your thoughts via posts. Don't get me wrong Evernote is awesome, I'm using it right now! But unless I copy, paste, publish, via twitter, Facebook, a blog, a forum, no one will remember this moment in my life.

I was thinking about something and it was so important to me that I wasted time trying to get it out! I had to search for something, I browsed for something, I listened to music or a podcast, I watched a movie/television show/or YouTube video.

Where are those 5 hour of technology use going? How are they helping me, make my life better?
I have a couple of hours before the call with Dr. Kasarda, the kids are napping, I'm so stoked. I'll post this as a blog and ask a few of my social media friends what they think about this. So now, I'll finish that FB post I was in the middle of when I had this random thought. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment